For the time being, Zerochan has a simple read-only API to programmatically request data from its data set.
Anime Image Boards are good data sets for for example machine learning, considering they are often very well labelled and categorised using hierarchical tags.
Most endpoints can be accessed by appending the
xml query string to the 'normal' url.
Since the API is read-only at this time, all requests are done using
End point for retrieving all entries. You may use the following query string parameters for filtering. All of these are optional:
- p (int)
- Page. Use in combination with
limitto paginate results.
- l (1-250)
- Limit, or entries per page. Use in combination with
pageto paginate results.
- s (id|fav)
- Sorting order. Sort by either recency (
id) or popularity (
- t (0|1|2)
- Time used for sorting by popularity.
0indicates all time,
1indicates the last 7000 entries,
2indicates the last 15000 entries. This parameters' behavior might be changed soon.
- d (large|huge|landscape|portrait|square)
- Picture dimensions, you may use this to filter by certain picture dimensions .
- c (red|blue|green|...)
- Color. Filter entries by certain overall color.
Endpoint for retrieving all entries, filtered by one single tag. This endpoint is not available for meta tags.
Endpoint for retrieving entries in a tag using strict mode, that is, entries where the primary tag is the tag being matched. This endpoint is not available for meta tags.
Filter by multiple tags.
Detailed information about a single entry.